A hair extension is a head cover made from hair of living things. In some cases, synthetic fibers are also used to design a wig.These false hair are worn out by many people, nowadays, to protect their natural hair from different styling procedures and heating without altering or damaging it. People wear wigs for instant styling and complete different color. These wigs are also worn by people to cover for hair fall or change their appearances, however they like.
All Kinds Of African American Wigs
Do You Want To Buy All Kinds Of African American Wigs?
Thank You For Reading Our Blog Post "African American Wigs For Black Women", If You Want To Buy African American Wigs, Please Click Here:African American Wigs
African American wigs are a kind of wigs or hair extensions, specifically designed for black women. These types of wigs are usually in harsh or rough texture and offer a variety of dark colors, styles which makes them attractive and different from other normal wigs. African American wigs provide a glamorous look for black women with styles ranging from lace front to short styled curls, with style and color choices limited only by your imagination.
Features Of Different Types Of African American Wigs
- Monofilament: It has the most realistic and natural appearance of scalp that makes it impossible to differentiate from natural hair.
- Open cap: Light weight caps and wefts are much denser and spaces between them are more which provides for extra texture.
- Traditional cap: It is a fully wefted cap like a crown that is usually hand sewn resulting in overlapping layers that gives it a natural hair look.
- Lace front: A lace front is the feature that mimics the natural hair line at the front. They have a specialty of merging the hairline between the wig and your skin.
- Hand tied: Every hair is tied by hand onto a soft material that results in a stylish look with natural hair movement, inseparable from natural hair.
Different Style Of African American Wigs
African American wigs comes in variety of styles and forms such as lace front, Human hair, and pixie, braided, curls, short and long wigs. Using these wigs you can easily style your hair in any form you love.
1. Human Hair Wig
Human hair wigs are designed to look realistic and natural. These are ideal for the women who want their hair to look as original as their natural hair. You can also use curlers and straightening irons on them without any damage as they are made up of natural hair.
- Can be colored, trimmed or style just like natural hair.
- It matches with your own hair color or texture easily.
- Easy to maintain.
- It gives you the real and soft feeling as it is lighter weight.
2. Synthetic Hair Wigs
Synthetic wigs are manufactured by man-made fiber. They get their natural looks, style, and texture by some chemicals. The density and texture looks very similar to natural hair. The curls are already set in the synthetic wigs if required. Unlike human hair wigs, Synthetic wigs are easier to maintain and cost is relatively less while also providing with a variety of styles and colors to choose from.
- Doesn’t require much effort to take care and maintain.
- Amazing styling memory.
- They are pre styled.
- Cost effective as you can get 2 more wigs in the price of 1 human wig.
3. Lace Front Wigs
Lace front wigs are made up of either synthetic hair or natural hair. These wigs gives you a natural appearance and no one can recognize that you are wearing a wig .It comes with a lace scalp threaded with hair which goes over the scalp and starts at the front in a natural way.
- The hairline looks natural.
- It can be styled in any way.
- Easy to use.
- Natural hair growth patterns.
4. Pixie Style Wigs
This wigs style is asymmetrical with longer layers to add a good look on top. It is a short classic boy cut style. If you are a tomboy or like shot hair cut, you should try pixie hair for once and you are going to love it. They are usually made from natural hair, accounting for its lightweight and natural texture.
- You look unique and beautiful in Pixie Style.
- Short hair is easy to style daily.
- Less wastage of money on different styling.
5. Medium Length Hairstyle Wig
Medium hair style can be defined s the shorter length of hair which is till your shoulder. It’s a perfect combination of not too short and not too long. This type of hairstyle is suitable for any hairs like curly, straight, and blonde or any other shade.
- Usage of fewer products.
- Undoes are much are easier.
- It will never go out of style.
- Your hair will have a healthier growth.
6. Yaki Afro Hairstyle Wig
Yaki afro wig is not made by the hair of single donor. In this style the hair texture is designed to look rough or harsh. It is a natural looking wig. These wigs are usually in black color.
- Requires least maintenance.
- Freshly and relaxed look wig.
- The hair texture looks like typical African American hair.
How Is The Hair Collected For Making An African American Wig?
The majority of human hair used in wigs comes from different countries such as India, China etc. Human hair can come from the barber’s shop where millions of people go for styling or cutting of hair every few days. The hair, which fall on the floor of barber shops, salons or in temple rituals are later sold in bulk at low prices in auctions. The quality of Remy hair is regarded much superior as they are donated by people on their own will. They are one of the highest qualities of human hair used for wigs and extensions. Donators are in different countries with their beautiful and silky hair and their roots and tip aligning in the same direction to ensure the wig doesn’t tangle. These hair are collected and are cut in a way that their style, softness, healthiness remains the same. Collectors then convert these hairs into wigs or sell them further.
What Material Should You Use?
Wigs come in all different style, brand, colors and material but using synthetic hair is the best option while manufacturing a wig. You can make a wig more silky, soft and stylish by synthetic fiber and it will look exactly like the natural one. For making a wig you’ll need a guide book, synthetic or human hair, measuring tape, needles, hair color, hackle, hackle protection, hair card, hackle screw and pins by using these materials and some guided by a book you can easily make your own wig.
How To Take Care Of Your African American Wig?
Taking care of your African American wig can be a hassle, but it is essential to be responsible and pay attention to your wigs in order to keep them in good shape. Here are some of the tips for you to follow:
1. Recommended Washing frequency of your wig depends on the usage and environment you use it in. For frequent users, once every ten to fifteen days is the best option. This will help keep the wig moist and prevent residue buildup from hairsprays. It is advised to use cold or room temperature water with a regular shampoo and conditioner. Use a towel to gently pat your wig to dry it without creating extra friction.
2. Do not expose your wig to high temperatures. If you do need to use a flat-iron or a curler for styling, then make sure you protect the wig with a heat protecting spray to prevent it from getting too dry.
3. Storing your wig safely every day after usage is really important. You would not want to place you product under dry conditions or close to high temperatures. In case they are tangled, use your fingers to lightly untangle them before keeping safe for next day’s use.
4. Brushing and combing requires you be extra attentive. A wide-tooth comb specially made for wigs is recommended. Use it lightly and avoid combing tangled hair until you detangle them with fingers. Make sure the combs used aren’t too harsh on the strands or it may lead to shedding.
5. Moisturizers can greatly assist you in keeping your wig silky and the hair strands in good condition. Never use Sulfate shampoos and moisturizers may damage the hair strands permanently.
6. If your wig seems too dry then it could be because of excess washing or insufficient oil usage. Make sure to use essential oils such as Lavender oil or Olive oil as they will keep the wig bouncy and uplift it to make it look more charming.
To conclude, African American wigs have many features and benefits that women of color are able to enjoy so they don’t have to worry about visiting a hair salon every now and then. They look natural and can save you a lot of time and effort, constantly taking care of your hair. Black hair, a sign of beauty, denotes glamour for many women and are a dream of many individuals while also denoting authority and showcasing class.