Do you frequently want to change how your hair looks? There is no need to worry as this is a universal phenomenon. Do you often fluctuate between wanting short hair and then long hair? Do you sometimes wish that you could lengthen your hair on short notice? The answer to all these problems is simple; hair extensions, more specifically, U Tip hair extensions.
Shop More Popular U Tip hair extensions
Do You Want To Buy All Kinds Of U Tip hair extensions?
Thank You For Reading Our Blog Post "What Is U Tip Hair Extensions", If You Want To Buy U Tip hair extensions, Please Click Here:U Tip hair extensions
What Are U Tip Hair Extensions
U tip hair extensions are hair extensions that are made from actual human hair. As the name suggests, U tip hair extensions are shaped like the letter U and are more commonly known as hot fusion hair extensions. These hair extensions can be easily applied, using heat, to your natural hair and can last for up to several months.
U tip hair extensions are available in a variety of different shades and lengths. The type of human hair used in these U tip hair extensions can vary as well, from tight curls, to loosely wavy, to completely straight. There is truly a hair extension for every single person.
U Tip Hair Extensions Versus I Tip Hair Extensions
When it comes to doing something semi-permanent to your hair, such as applying hair extensions, it is vital to do your due diligence, that is, do your research.
While researching, you must decide upon which hair extension would suit you the best. A U Tip hair extension or an I Tip hair extension. You’re in luck as you won’t have to go anywhere else to know the difference.
While the basic structure and shape of both hair extensions differ, the more important difference is the difference in how each of these hair extensions are applied to your natural hair.
U tip hair extensions can only be applied using heat. The hair extensions come with a heating tool that serves the purpose of fusing the U tip hair extensions with your hair, by melting the keratin. It is common that, with the mention of heat, many potential U tip hair extension users can shy away from it.
However, the heating tool only emits a fraction of the heat that normal flat irons or curling rods do. The application of U tip hair extensions also requires your hair to be completely product free, which essentially means that you should not use any products, such as leave-in conditioners, before fusing the hair extensions to your hair.
While I tip hair extensions are fused to your hair using a process called cold fusion. The user must pull their hair through a metal hoop, located in the base of the extension.These metal hoops are more commonly known as micro-rings,which are made from materials, such as copper and aluminium.
Shop More Popular I Tip Hair Extensions
Do You Want To Buy All Kinds Of I Tip Hair Extensions?
Thank You For Reading Our Blog Post "What Is U Tip Hair Extensions", If You Want To Buy I Tip Hair Extensions, Please Click Here:I Tip Hair Extensions
The usage of these materials is particularly harmful for those users who may be undergoing radiation or chemotherapy. They can also, potentially, cause damage to the cuticles of your hair.
How Long Do The Extensions Last For
As mentioned before, U Tip hair extensions last for up to several months for all the different hair types, whether they may curly or dead straight. If taken care of properly, the user can even elongate this duration.
This is due to the fact that these extensions are fused using heat, which is why their hold, on all types of hair, is strong, durable, and lasting.
However, I Tip hair extensions, since passed through metal hoops, may not have a strong hold on all the different types of hair.
It has been reported, by many users, that I Tip hair extensions are not the best suited for completely straight hair, as it runs the risk of slipping out after a short period of time. Apart from that, there have been no reports of slippage in curly hair types.
Procedure To Follow When Applying U Tip Hair Extensions
U Tip hair extensions are fairly easy to apply, even if you are at home. All you have to do is follow the following eight steps.
- Starting from approximately two inches away from the bottom part of your neck, section your hair in a horizontal split. Don’t forget to use a comb for precision.
- Take out strands of hair that are equivalent to the amount of strands in each U Tip hair extension, starting from one of the sections. You can easily do this by making sure that the U Tip hair extension’s thickness is the same as the thickness of the strand of hair that you have pulled out.
- Next, attach a protection pad on top of the strand of hair you’ve taken out, using a clip. The protection pad has a number of measuring lines that will assist you in aligning your extensions with precision.
- Position the U Tip hair extension under the strand of hair. The placement of the extension should be at least one centimetre away from your roots.
- Next, using the heating tool, you must heat up the keratin tip of the extension to the point where it has fully melted.
- Roll the melted keratin tip around your strand of hair by using your index finger and thumb. This will help the U Tip hair extension to completely cover the strand. However, you must wait until the melted keratin has cooled down, to the point where it hasn’t set but does not burn your finger. It usually takes a few seconds for the melted keratin to reach this point.
- The U Tip Hair extension has now been fully attached to your hair. Now, you must repeat steps one to six, until your sections have been completed. You must leave an approximate distance of one inch between each strand.
- After you have attached all of your U Tip hair extensions to your hair, test them by lifting your hair a few times. This will help you test whether or not the hair extensions are moving freely.
How Can You Remove U Tip Hair Extensions
Similar to how applying your U Tip hair extensions is a crucial process, removing them, accurately, is just as crucial. If the hair extensions are not removed properly, you can run the risk of damaging your hair. Here is a step by step explanation of how you should remove your U Tip hair extensions.
- Soak your hair in either oil or conditioner, where the soaking time depends on you.
- Next, wash off the oil or conditioner.
- Run a comb through your hair until your hair is completely tangle-free.
- Take five U tip hair extensions in your hand and put only a drop of alcohol, where the keratin melted and created a bond with your hair. This must be done to all five of the extensions that you are holding.
- Use pliers, to give each bond around five gentle squeezes. Gently squeeze and break the bond.
- Do not slide off the extensions yet.
- Repeat steps one till five until every single bond has been softened and broken.
- Put one last drop of alcohol in each of the bonds, to further soften the bond and then slowly and gently slip the extensions off, one by one.
- If you are experiencing trouble slipping off some extensions, do not put more pressure. Simply soak them and move on to the others. Come back to the tougher bonds after they have had more time to soak.
How You Should Take Care Of Your U Tip Hair Extensions
Just like with all hair extensions, to ensure longevity, it is vital to take care of your hair extensions. There are a variety of ways through which you can take care of your hair extensions. Make sure to brush your extensions regularly, using a loop brush as it creates less tension. When you are drying your hair with a towel, gently tap the towel instead of rubbing it. A good tip is to always tie your hair in a braid or a ponytail before sleeping. Since you should try to avoid washing your extensions, you should use fewer products in your hair, so that you do not have to wash your hair as often. Also, use products, such as flat irons and curling rods, as less as you possibly can. Chlorine and saltwater can potentially damage your extensions, which is why you should always wear a swimming cap whenever coming in contact with chlorinated or salt water. All of these tips, if followed, will elongate the lifespan of your U tip hair extensions.
Hair extensions, specifically U tip hair extensions can seem to be quite complex, all the way from its application method to its removal process. However, applying your own U tip hair extensions can be quite fun, as you get to be your boss. It is you who has the autonomy to make a decision on every aspect of this entire process, and who knows you might even find your passion.