It is said that a woman’s hair is her pride. It’s no wonder that many women seek every means to keep their hair perfect and beautiful. This is why hair extensions and hair bundles have become very popular. In an effort to achieve that hair perfection, you may have searched for hair products and might come across the term “virgin hair”. But perhaps you don’t really know what it is. So, the questions are: What is virgin hair? Why is it so popular? If you want to know all about virgin hair, read on.
So, What Is Virgin Hair?
Everybody is born with it. Virgin hair is human hair that has not been color-treated or chemically processed, which is collected from a single donor. Simply put, it is an untouched hair. But more specifically, it is hair that hasn’t been treated, dyed, bleached, blow-dried, or passed through any chemical processing. Virgin hair should be shed-free, tangle-free and 100% pure.
If the above criteria are not met, then it isn’t virgin hair. Since the hair must be gotten from one donor, each bundle bought is from one donor. These donors could be from places like Malaysia and Brazil. And while virgin hair is one of the most expensive hairs that you can buy, it lasts longer than any other type of hair extension if it’s properly taken care of. You can also curl your virgin hair using heat tools.
Most Popular Virgin Hair Textures
Virgin hair comes in various textures peculiar to the different types of virgin hair. Below are some of the most popular virgin hair textures.
- Body wave virgin hair
- Straight virgin hair
- Curly virgin hair
- Kinky curly virgin hair
- Loose wave virgin hair
What Is The Best Type Of Virgin Hair?
There are various types of virgin hair, and because of this, you may be wondering which type of hair is best and suitable for you. Read on to decide.
Indian Virgin Hair
Indian hair is one of the most popular hair types available and can be said to be one of the best hair types worldwide. It is suitable for most women because of its color, texture, natural look, and its long-lasting feature. It comes in straight hair, curly hair, natural wave, deep wave, loose wave and body wave textures. None of the textures are achieved through any chemical process. Since Indian hair is light, it is easy to curl and style. So, if you are looking for hair that is versatile and flexible, try out Indian hair.
Brazilian Virgin Hair
Another hair that is quite popular in the market is Brazilian hair. It is sought after worldwide because of its soft, durable, and thick nature. It is a very luxurious hair with a soft feel and natural shine. It comes in curly texture, with low to medium luster and density, making it require fewer bundles to create a full look. This hair type is a little thicker than Indian hair and is one of the best for African American women because of its texture.
Peruvian Virgin Hair
Peruvian hair has some similarities to both Indian and Brazilian hair. It is a multipurpose and versatile hair type. Like Brazilian hair, it is also quite luxurious with a thick, soft, and light nature. It also requires fewer bundles to create a full look. And just like Brazilian hair, the Peruvian hair also blends well with African American women’s hair. Get the perfect blend of beauty with Peruvian hair.
Malaysian Virgin Hair
Malaysian virgin hair is soft and much thicker than Indian hair. Like Peruvian and Brazilian hair, it also has a luxurious feel. It blends beautifully well with African American women’s hair and can be said to be the best weave for black women’s hair. Malaysian hair comes in a variety of textures like straight, wavy, and curly. It lasts long and does not require any chemical treatment to attain any style or maintain it.
Remy Hair Vs Virgin Hair
What is Remy’s hair? What is virgin hair? Is there any difference? We have discussed a lot about virgin hair, but you may have also come across the term Remy’s hair, and you might not know the difference. This is particularly important for when you are shopping online so you can know and identify the difference between virgin hair and Remy hair. Although Remy hair has some similarities to virgin hair like the fact that they are both gotten from one donor, Remy hair has a lot of differences.
Remy hairs are always rearranged. Their cuticles are always intact and all the hair is running in the same direction from tip to root. This is why it is known to be a high quality of human hair. However, virgin hair always comes as it is. If your hair is Remy hair, you can treat it with chemicals. This means that the donor of Remy hair used to dye, perm, and bleach the hair while virgin hair must be 100% pure without any chemical processing. Generally, virgin hair is more expensive and said to be the best type of hair extension.
How to Identify Virgin Hair or Remy Hair
Now that we know the difference between Remy hair and virgin hair, how do you identify them? There are two basic ways to do this:
- Smell it: If it’s a Remy hair it will smell of chemicals, but if it is a virgin hair, it won’t. Remy hair usually has a harsh chemical odor, while virgin hair doesn’t.
- Check the color: Most virgin hairs are usually very dark in color. This is because Remy hairs can be dyed, and the colors could change over time. So, you can easily distinguish between the two by how dark the hair is.
What is Non-Remy Hair?
Non-Remy hair is also very popular but is quite different from Remy hair and virgin hair. This hair has its tips mixed up so that not all the hairs are running in the same direction. It undergoes the cutting of the cuticles and since the cuticles run in same direction, it requires high concentration of acid. This makes the hair lose moisture, resulting in dry hair. Lastly, non-Remy hair has undergone chemical processing and is generally cheap.
Which Is Better: Raw Hair Or Virgin Hair?
As the name implies, raw hair is unprocessed 100% human hair. It is natural-looking and blends perfectly well with all types of hair. So what then is the difference? Unlike ordinary virgin hair, which heat has been applied to when styling and to create different textures, heat has never been applied to raw hair. It’s safe to say that all raw hairs are virgin hairs, but not all virgin hairs are raw hairs.
Raw hair is the most natural state of hair and can be said to be the highest quality of hair. It is generally more expensive than normal virgin hair because of its purity, but both can be styled to your desire and still create a beautiful result. So in essence, the hair that is better really depends on your own preferences. If you are going for a more rugged look, then you may go for raw hair, but if you want a more styled look, go for virgin hair.
Benefits Of Virgin Hair
There are several benefits you will enjoy by using virgin hair.
- Improved styling: The reason why many hair forms are not easy to style is that they have been treated with chemicals; that is, they have been dyed or permed. But because virgin hair does not undergo any chemical processing, it is very easy for stylists to work with. For instance, curling and straightening are easily done with virgin hair. At the end of the day, because it allows for better styling, virgin hair provides a fabulous and extremely beautiful result.
- Better quality: Virgin hair doesn’t undergo any form of chemical processing, so it lasts long and retains a high level of softness. This is because other hairs that have been dyed, or have undergone additional treatment become weak and damaged. Soft hair means you can easily wash, condition and treat it like normal hair. Once you buy virgin hair, you can be rest assured that you will get quality hair that will always bring out the best look.
- Blends well: A unique property of virgin hair is its ability to blend well with natural hair, especially if it’s of the same color. This makes it almost impossible for people to notice the difference between your own hair and the virgin hair, giving the appearance that it is your own hair. With this you will gain a certain level of confidence and enjoy your hair.
Frequently Asked Questions About Virgin Hair
Here are answers to some of the further questions you may have about virgin hair.
Can virgin hair be straightened or curled?
Virgin hair can be straightened or curled. It can be treated like your own hair with steam tools. But note that heat applied to your scalp could cause hair breakage. Therefore it is important to be careful when using the tool, use a heat protecting product, and protect it while asleep.
Can I color my new virgin hair?
Yes. Because virgin hair is 100% pure, it can handle the coloring process, making it permissible to color the hair. However, it is advisable that any coloring or chemical process should be done by a professional. Although virgin hair can handle the coloring process, it could severely damage the hair if not properly done.
Can I swim with my virgin hair?
It is recommended that you wet your hair with water and apply a conditioner before going swimming. The chlorine in the water makes hair brittle, but the conditioner will minimize its effect. After swimming you should also wash out your hair properly.
How many virgin hair bundles do I need?
This varies depending on the kind of installment. For partial install, 2 bundles are recommended. For a full install, 3 to 4 bundles are recommended. And lastly, for 26 inches and more, 4 to 5 bundles are recommended.
Virgin Hair Care And Maintenance
With so many kinds of treatments and chemicals out there that claim to help virgin hair, it has now become a trend to succumb. Societal pressure now makes it tempting to go for these kinds of treatments. But if you have your virgin hair, it is better just to keep it that way. This is because your hair is super healthy and beautiful, just the way it is. And if you add in virgin hair extensions, take care of them and maintain them just as you care for your hair. Here is a step by step guide that can help you take care of your virgin hair.
- Wash regularly: It’s that simple. Regular washing of your hair with shampoo is a technique that is underrated, but it works perfectly well. With just a shampoo and conditioner you can address any hair concerns that you have.
- Exfoliate your scalp: Your scalp is a vital part of your head. And because excess hair products and oil may build up over time, it needs to be scrubbed properly to keep it healthy and therefore keep both your hair strands and extensions healthy.
- Deep conditioning: Depending on your hair needs, condition your hair with a good conditioner or hot oil hair treatment at least twice a month. Just leave the hair conditioner for about a minute on your hair and then rinse out.
- Styling: Always keep your hair free from the tangle. A detangling brush can be used in this case to help you free tangled hair. Brush or comb gently from bottom to top, in small portions at a time.
The video of how to take care of virgin hair
Apart from these steps above, it is important that you use lukewarm water to wash your hair. The more meticulous you are about taking care of your hair, the longer your hair extensions will last.
Where To Buy Good, Unprocessed Virgin Hair Weaves
With all the talk about virgin hair, you may be wondering where you can get yourself some guaranteed pure virgin hair weaves. If you are looking for affordable virgin hair weaves that do not shed and are tangle-free, then visit KNhair.com. They offer a variety of luxurious and smooth virgin hair types, including Brazilian, Indian and Peruvian hair. It doesn’t matter how you want to style your hair, make sure its 100% pure human hair. So, visit KNhair.com today.
Surely, with all of the above information, you would be able to answer the question: “What is virgin hair?” adequately and be better equipped to decide what’s best for you. Every woman wants to feel confident in herself, and this is exactly what virgin hair does. 100% pure virgin hair is unarguably the best when it comes to hair extensions. As much as you want to buy weaves based on length or curl, it is also important you factor in quality.
Shop More Popular Best Virgin Hair From KNhair
Do you want to buy all kinds of virgin hair?
Thank You For Reading Our Blog Post “What Is Virgin Hair”, If You Want To Buy best virgin hair, Please Click Here:Shop Virgin Hair